30.4.12

Colours in Cities by Bo Ra Wee



My project is based on my theoretical ideas that the human tends to follow their surrounded environment as they feel more comfortable when blended by looking at the examples of manmade products inspired by natural habitat. By living in the modern economical social system, the outfit often equals the value of the wearer. Now in 2012, the average of 60% of people from the cities wears black, grey and beige from my research. As a textile student from fashion design degree, Ted’s ten strategies have helped me to open the research boundaries wider. I believe the whole fashion industry system can be changed or replaced if the designers are aware of the ecological problems caused by human self-centeredness. I would like to make the natural dyes with modern colours and fabrics as a part of modern fast fashion collection, along with other new technological textiles and also synthetic fabrics to represent of co-existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment