29.4.12

Lasting Desirability of Plants by Charlotte Day




The timeless beauty of plant forms inspire my print designs, ensuring lasting desirability.


Through development of ideas in response to TED’s 10, I have been able to apply practical solutions alongside reasoned philosophy that I hope will reduce negative environmental impact at all stages of my practice. Using simple templates based on historical garments, I have elected to create patterns for items that are used frequently, kept longer than most and which can be adapted to suit different requirements by choosing appropriate fabric. I focus on garments which are worn around the home or for work wear. 

I aim to demystify garment construction by creating Sew Your Own printed templates for the enthusiastic novice. Self-assembly encourages a greater Connection and Appreciation of the garment.
I hope that these qualities will rekindle values such as thriftiness and repair, and encourage the purchaser to reconnect with materials, processes and creative pursuits that simply shopping for garments denies us.

The timeless beauty of plant forms inspire my print designs, ensuring lasting desirability.



No comments:

Post a Comment